I used to HATE cauliflower. The good news is, I was just doing it wrong. I wasn’t seasoning it or cooking it correctly and now it is one of my most favorite GO TO dishes! Check out this recipe for roasting a WHOLE cauliflower at once. Then you can just slice it and eat or put it in a meal prep container as a main dish or a side veggie dish. Get those veggies in, but make them taste delicious too!
Total Time: 1 hr. 5 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 1 hr.
1 large head cauliflower (approx. 2 lbs.)
3 Tbsp. olive oil 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Remove leaves from cauliflower; trim stem flush with the base so it will sit flat. Set aside.
- Add oil, lemon juice, Parmesan, parsley, garlic, and salt to a medium bowl; whisk to combine. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of the oil mixture in a separate container; set aside.
- Place cauliflower upside down (so stem side up) into the bowl of your marinade and using a spoon, baste the sides and top until it is coated fully. Flip over and place on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Drizzle the remaining oil mixture into openings where leaves were removed; baste all over the outside until mixture is evenly coated.
- Take another large sheet of foil and tent the cauliflower head, giving it clearance, aka not laying on top of the cauliflower, but just above.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until cauliflower begins to become tender.
- Remove from the oven and remove the top portion of the foil.
- Increase temp in the oven to the highest setting (max 500 degrees). Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is golden brown and tender-crisp.
- Remove from oven; baste with reserved dressing before serving. Cut into 6 pieces and enjoy!
Calories: 121 Cholesterol: 1 mg Fiber: 4 g Total Fat: 8 g Sodium: 96 mg Sugars: 4 g Saturated Fat: 1.5 g Carbohydrates: 11 g Protein: 5 g